Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika Dick Kusleika is offline

Default Function returns a zero value

Matt

You should put Option Explicit at the top of all of your modules (VBE -
Tools - Options - Require Variable Declaration)

That will tell you that

RushYdsStats = sngRushYards

has an undeclared variable. It should be RushingYdsStats.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Matt V" wrote in message
I am use Excel 2k2 and when I run the code below it
returns a zero even though as I step through the process
and watch the varibles I get a number much greater then
zero.

Function RushingYdsStats(TeamName, YardsPerGame) As Single
Dim strDTeam As String
Dim b As Byte
Dim sngRushYards As Single

b = 2

Do While b < 18
strDTeam = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(TeamName,
Sheet3.Range("A2:R33"), b)
If strDTeam = "BYE" Then
b = b + 1
Else
sngRushYards = ((WorksheetFunction.VLookup
(strDTeam, Sheet1.Range("B3:Q34"), 3) + _
YardsPerGame) / 2) + sngRushYards
b = b + 1
End If
Loop

RushYdsStats = sngRushYards

End Function

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

Matt