Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill Lunney Bill Lunney is offline

Default Can an Excel macro be converted into a VBdotnet Windows application?

Indirectly yes, providing you're talking about just automating Excel (think
of it as remote controlling Excel). If you want to start from scratch and
simulate a spreadsheet environment without Excel being on the PC itself then
this will prove extremelly difficult.

The macro code itself will have a direct equievlent in VB.NET. That's the
easy part.

What you'll need to do will involve driving Excel (using VB.NET) through
automation. I may be wrong but the fact you are asking this question
suggests you do not have the knowledge (just now) to make this work. With
that in mind you'll need to look for information on automating Excel through
VB & COM. .NET adds something new to the mix but I'll ignore that for the
moment.

Check back at my site in a few days and I'll stick up an article on this as
a few people have asked me the same thing now.

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com

"Mirsten Choiple" wrote in message
Can an Excel macro be converted into a VBdotnet Windows
application?

Thanks in advance,

Mirsten Choiple