Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Hipskind John Hipskind is offline

Default Macro link to an Access table

I am developing Excel worksheets that are subsequently
imported into Access tables. A typical worksheet is
entitled "Request for Information," and requires the user
to input a unique number, such as 1. The cell is
formatted to display "RFI_001", which corresponds to the
key field in the table.
The user must know what the next available number is in
the table. I'd like to create a command button on the
Excel form that includes a macro that does the following:
1. Opens Access.
2. Opens the database.
3. Opens the appropriate table.
4. Finds and reports back the next available number.

Note:
The importing process, as first set up in Excel with
ranges, etc., and then completed manually within Access,
works well enough, although perhaps not very elegant. For
now, I just want the user to know what the next available
number is without thrashing about to find it.

Thanks

John