RagDyer

FAR from brilliant, but thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"Dab" wrote in message
Brilliant! (and simple) thanks.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

"RagDyer" wrote in message
The SUMIF() function should do exactly what you need.
Check it out in the Help files.
--
HTH,

RD

"Dab" wrote in message
I think I know the answer to this already but I thought I'd ask anyway

I have a large spread sheet table detailing many items each identified

by
account numbers. The account numbers may occur in several different
lines
in the table.

I know that I could do this with a macro or VB Script but what I'm

wondering
is if there is an Excel function That will look up all the occurrences

of
particular account numbers in a table, and sum the total dollar value

for
all of the occurrences of that particular account number? Basically, I

need
dynamic sort (and sum) of the table by account numbers without changing

the
original table.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond