Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steve steve is offline

Default Disable Protection Messages

Cathy,

Find a "nothing" cell somewhere on the sheets and unprotect just that cell.

I also use freeze panes to avoid shifting of the view. The panes are set
many rows and columns beyond the viewing area. (Set the zoom to 25% to make
it easier to set).

steve

"Cathy Myers" wrote in message

I have worked around this problem by using the following
bit of code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ActiveSheet.Protect
Active.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
End Sub

When the user double-clicks on a locked cell, an unlocked
cell is selected, and no messages are displayed.

My problem is however that I have some sheets that have no
unlocked cells. These are explanatory sheets that do not
require input. Since there are no unlocked cells to be
selected on a double-click, the message about protection
pops up. Does anyone have any ideas about a work-around?
Thanks in advance.

Yours,
C.M.