Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default formula doesn't work until cell is re-entered

try one of these
Sub nopreapostophe()
For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If c.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then c.Value = c.Value
Next
End Sub

Sub ValueCells()
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("a1").Select
End Sub

Sub MakeValues() 'Don Guillett
Sheets.Select
Cells.Select
With Selection
.Copy
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
[a1].Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End With
Sheets(1).Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
Granite Shoals, TX

"serge" wrote in message
Hi, problem Excel 2000 w/DDE link to Bloomberg service for
ticker quotes. Through VBA I populate cell formulas with
Bloomberg functions that get real-time quotes. The problem
is when I open worksheet all my cells show #NAME? errors
until I go into formula bar for each cell and press enter
or leave to another cell. Then the quotes start coming in.
I don't think it's a problem with Bloomberg, but maybe
some kind of invisible character is in the formula? I use
Trim() and get rid of white spaces. App. Screen Update and
Automatic calculation properties are one. It's one of
those "d'uh" problems.

Thanks

Serge