Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Disabling the Update links message

On the menubar
ToolsOptionsEdit

See this option :Ask to update automatic links

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"L Buchy" wrote in message ...
I am trying to automate a process that uses Excel with DDE links & I want to
disable the message that comes up when you open the spreadsheet about "Do
you want to update the automatic links etc. Yes/No". I can do this with
the Application.AskToUpdateLinks = False in the Activate Event when I run
the spreadsheet myself & its visible, but when I try & run the spreadsheet
from a script & its invisible to the user, this method doesn't work??

Can I still do this, if so what do I use & what event do I put it in??