Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeffrey[_4_] Jeffrey[_4_] is offline

Default Inserting Hyperlink from a Query

I am doing a simple query that, as one of its columns,
returns an excel formula for a hyperlink. For example:

=HYPERLINK("http://researchportfolio.cancer.gov/cgi-
bin/abstract.pl?
ProjectID=14083","http://researchportfolio.cancer.gov/cgi-
bin/abstract.pl?ProjectID=14083")

I am using MS Query to an Oracle database. When I refresh
(or first get) the data, the formula and links come in
correctly, but they display as the text of the formula
instead of the result of the formula (thus, no working
hyperlink). When you double-click the cell and then leave
the cell, Excel resolves the formula and displays a
working link.

I tried the same thing using a simple SUM formula instead
of the hyperlink with the same result--excel displays the
text of the formula until you double-click and leave the
cell.

Anyone know of any way to handle this programatically
(preferably in the query but, if needed, a VBA solution
will suffice).

Thanks,
Jeffrey