Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Kilmer Bob Kilmer is offline

Default More UserForm problems

If it is any consolation, managing focus is always a nuisance, no matter how
good you are.

"Les" wrote in message
Hi

Following subs:

Private Sub CommandButton3_Click()
frmCalculator.Show vbModeless
ActiveCell.Activate
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
frmCalculator.Show vbModeless
ActiveCell.Activate
End Sub

The button click sub works exactly as I need it. i.e. opens
userform then leaves cell activated and no focus on userform.
I would have thought the same would happen in the second sub but
it leaves the focus on the userform.

Any ideas why there seems to be a lack of consistency, or indeed
any pointers on how to achieve the effects of the first in the
second?

I am struggling with these userforms - to me it would appear that
I should get out of expecting my efforts to result in what I'm
trying to do! The more I try, the more I feel it's not my
inexperience, rather excel 'features' at fault.

regards,
--
Les Hay, Livingston. Scotland