Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Miazga[_2_] Michael Miazga[_2_] is offline

Default Macro fails without VB help files

I have a couple macros in a worksheet. The first adds a picture and
protects the file. The second unprotects the file, adds a picture and
reprotects the file. On some machines, the second macro fails with the
error:

Run-time error '1004':

You cannot use this command on a protected sheet. To unprotect the sheet,
use the Unprotect Sheet command (Tools menu, Protection submenu). You may
be prompted for a password.

If I install the Microsoft Visual Basic Help files, the macro runs fine. It
will fail every time until I install the VB help files, after that it runs
perfect every time. Anyone have any idea what it installs that clears this
up?