MLD

Default Excel OLE in Word docs

I wasn't sure who would be better to answer this, so I have included both
sides.
In a Win XP/Office 03 Word doc, I am trying to embedded (NOT LINK) a range
of Excel 03 data. It is a 3x38 range. It takes what seems an extra long
period of time for the OLE object to get into the Word doc, but then, I
can't edit it. No matter how much a double click on it, pause, save first -
whatever, it doesn't respond for editing. Since I'm trying to make this into
an interactive template for real estate closings - this is a problem.

Can anyone offer some insight? I don't see anything on OLE limitations.
Thanks,
-Monica