Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen Bullen Stephen Bullen is offline

Default CommandBarButton.OnAction prop fires when set? Arg!

Hi Kevin,

I doesn't matter what I put there. My original program
called "myprog.xla!mysub" which worked but fired when it
was declared and then never fires when the button is
clicked. I only want it to fire when the user clicks the
button. I'm stumped. Any other ideas? Thanks for the
feedback.

The OnAction property of a commandbar should *not* be the actual code
that you want to run when the button is clicked, but instead should be
a reference to a routine that you want to run.

So instead of:

cmdOpen.OnAction = MsgBox("Runs When First Set!")

You need to use:

cmdOpen.OnAction = "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!SomeMacroName"

'Put in a standard module
Sub SomeMacroName()
MsgBox "Runs when button is clicked!"
End Sub