Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INDIRECT reference

Sat,

Can't you simply use =A1/12

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"saturnin02" wrote in message
Hi. I need to have in say cell A1 a drop down list (which I obtain with

the
data validation tool) which shows a list like 0%, 5%, 10%, 15%, etc. so

that
people looking at the spreasheet can select their % desired. BUT, while I
would like the numbers to chosse from in the drop down list to be those
above, I really need them to be divided by 12 i.e. (0%/12), then (5%/12),
then (10%/12), etc.
I thought i cd try to do it with the indirect function but I ma not really
sure what the best way to do it. Is?
Any suggestions?
I made be going about it the wrong way as well....
Tx,
Sat