Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default SumProduct or Array Function for summing by month and year

I'd be grateful for your assistance please. I think I should know how to do
this, but I don't. Hopefully you can save me a lot of time.

I have a column (A) on one sheet, "Summary", which contains dates, April
2003, May 2003 and so on. The cells actually contain 01/04/03, 01/05/03,
etc. (UK date formats)

On another sheet, "Solutions", there is a column of Invoice Dates (D) and a
column of Invoice Values (F).

In column C on the Summary sheet, I want to subtotal the Invoice Values on
the Solutions sheet where the Invoice month and year match the month and
year in column A on the Summary sheet.

I think I should be using SumProduct or an array entered formula but I can't
quite get my head round it.

I appreciate your help, thanks

Trevor