Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Douglas Wehner Charles Douglas Wehner is offline

Default Frustrated with Factorials

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message ...

With xlPrecision's 32,767 significant digits, the largest factorial it can

calculate is 10,958!.

"Greg Lovern" wrote in message
om...
what I am attempting to do is write a procedure for a certain range

of
"large" numbers in my example I would multiply 364 by 363 and store

the
results then multiply the stored results by 362 and store the results
then multiply the stored results by 361 etc.

Greg Lovern
http://PrecisionCalc.com
Get Your Numbers Right

I found a page with the first 1000 factorials ready-computed:
http://www.newdream.net/~sage/old/numbers/fact.htm

In computers, we often use look-up tables to speed things up.

It's a poor substitute for a real large mathematical system, though.

Charles Douglas Wehner