Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Validation code not functioning correctly

Simon,

I tried it, and putting 1..25 in M1:M25, I get a dropdown list in C10:C29
with those values selectable. It even worked if I had a sheet other than
Invoice active.

So what exactly do you mean when you say it still doesn't work? What happens
for you?

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Simon Plenderleith" wrote in message
Ah yes, that was a silly error, but neither of those work either :-S Any
more suggestions please... :-|

Thanks,

Simon

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Simon,

You are trying to put a formula in the Operator argument position.

Either
name the arguments like
Dim x As Integer

For x = 10 To 29
With Sheets("Invoice").Range("$C$" & x)
.Validation.Delete
.Validation.Add Type:=xlValidateList, _
Formula1:="=$M$1:$M$" & Cnt_Stock
End With
Next x

or add an extra comma like

.Validation.Add Type:=xlValidateList, , , "=$M$1:$M$" &
Cnt_Stock

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Simon Plenderleith" wrote in message
I get the error "Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or
object-defined error" on the following piece of code:

Dim x As Integer

For x = 10 To 29
With Sheets("Invoice").Range("$C$" & x)
.Validation.Delete
.Validation.Add xlValidateList, , "=$M$1:$M$" & Cnt_Stock
End With
Next x

(The variable Cnt_Stock is already predefined with an integer such as

25)

The .Validation.Add line is pointed to when debugging the error. I

can't
see what is causing this. I have the worksheet protected using VBA,

like
so:

Sheets("Invoice").Protect Password:="sms", UserInterfaceOnly:=True

And this seems to work fine on other worksheets so that the VBA can
manipulate the worksheet without having to change the protection, and

the
user interface protection remains.

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks,