Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SuperPhil SuperPhil is offline

Default Sorting Names in an Array

Hi all and Keith,

This message as also been posted partially on
microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)

My Excel Workbook will be used by users on Windows 98, 2000 and XP with
Excel 2000 or XP.

Because my spreadSheet may contain up to 20 000 rows, I decided to use
ADO for manipulating data.

1. Which library do I need to reference in the VBA Editor?

I have these ones on my PC :

Microsoft ActiveX Data Object 2.5 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Object 2.6 Library
Microsoft ActiveX Data Object 2.7 Library

In one of my books (VBA for Excel 2002, Stephen bullen, Wrox Campus
press),
they recommand the 2.5 library.

I Tried 2.5 and 2.7, and so far both work.

2. Which engine do you recommand?

Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 or Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)}?

3. I noticed one SQL query doesn't work:
(I added a header to each column in row 1:
CODE,NAME,DATE, etc...)

SELECT *FROM [SHEET1$] works but
SELECT NAME FROM [SHEET1$] does not work although CODE exists.
Do you know why?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Phil