Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Henry[_4_] Henry[_4_] is offline

Default Enable Macros Warning

Tom,

I think that we're coming at this from different directions!
I agree that setting the protection to low and than distibuting it will not
work.
I had assumed (maybe incorrectly), from the OP, that the program was either
on his
machine or sitting in a shared folder on the server.
I didn't think he wanted to distribute it, as there was no indication of
this in the OP.
I agree that setting the protection to low and then distibuting it will not
work.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this one?

Henry

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Sorry Henry, but that is incorrect. I don't know what you are seeing, but
that isn't the behavior. It also doesn't make any sense. If I wanted to
distribute a virsus, I would just set the security low in my workbook and
freely distribute it. What would be the purpose of having a security

level.
No, you are mistaken.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Henry wrote in message
Tom,

Works for me - Win XP, Excel XP

I understood from the OP that he wants to get rid of the Enable/Disable
macros dialog box.
If you set the security for macros at the workbook level to low, when

*that*
workbook is opened (by whomever) the dialog doesn't appear. This doesn't
affect the security level of any other workbooks, which will still show

the
dialog box, unless the security level is changed for them as well. He

could,
of course, change all his excel workbooks' security levels and never see

the
dialogue.

Henry

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
This is incorrect information. The workbook will not control the

users
security level.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Henry" wrote in message
Phil,

Open the Workbook.
Goto ToolsMacroSecurity and set the security option to low.
Save the workbook.
Your users won't get that warning any longer.
Macros will always be enabled.

HTH
Henry

"Phil Perry" wrote in message
I believe you can't bypass the initial screen in Excel
which asks you to select to disable macros (default button
for pete sake) or enable macros. Is there a way I can
put a message on there to advise the program will not
run unless you enable macros...or other procedure to
overcome this.
cheers