Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Age function how to

Chrissy has the answer, but use alt-F11 instead of just F11.

And you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:

pcor wrote:

Thanks a pile BUT.....

I still would like to kmow the following:
If I was using the VBA code How/where do I call it from
Thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Without looking at your code, maybe you could use the undocumented (except

for
xl2k) worksheet function.

Well, it's actually nicely documented he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

And there is a VBA version (datediff) that is documented.

pcor wrote:

Will someone PLEASE tell me in detail exactly how to use the code below

obtain a viable result.

Where do you put the code

How do you call it

From where

Thanks very much for any help you provide

Function Age(Date1 As Date, Date2 As Date) As String
Dim Y As Integer
Dim M As Integer
Dim D As Integer
Dim Temp1 As Date
Temp1 = DateSerial(Year(Date2), Month(Date1), Day(Date1))
Y = Year(Date2) - Year(Date1) + (Temp1 Date2)
M = Month(Date2) - Month(Date1) - (12 * (Temp1 Date2))
D = Day(Date2) - Day(Date1)
If D < 0 Then
M = M - 1
D = Day(DateSerial(Year(Date2), Month(Date2) + 1, 0)) + D + 1
End If
Age = Y & " years " & M & " months " & D & " days"
End Function

--
Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson