Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Toolbars

I am not sure what you mean by the help box. (maybe this is a xl2002 thing
again - I am using xl2000)

If you make all the buttons visible, you shouldn't have the dropdown arrow
on a custom toolbar. In any event, for the standard toolbar, I could remove
the dropdown arrow with

Application.CommandBars("Standard").protection = msoBarNoCustomize

That removed it for me. I suspect if all the buttons are not displayed and
you do this, the arrow will probably stay, but it should still remove the
add/remove buttons option which I suspect is what you are after.

I was using xl2000, so maybe they have changed the behavior in xl2002. If
so, try the protection setting for the bar.

OFF2000: Add or Remove Buttons Unavailable For Custom Toolbar
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Adrian" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2002
Does anyone know how to remove the help box from my custom
toolbar (which replaces the worksheet menu bar). Also how
to remove the little down arrow from the right hand side
of my other custom toolbars. If it's with API calls then
does anyone have the code to hand

Many Thanks

Regards

Adrian