Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan Merchant Dan Merchant is offline

Default Pop Up Screens

Darren,

You could biuld a small html page that you ship with your Excel program.
Then add the hyperlink that opens this file to show your disclaimer. The
problem with that type of process is that you are now forced to distribute,
and manage, more than just the single Excel file.

My preference would be to build a small userform in the Excel file that
displays the disclaimer info. You would simply call the show method of the
form to display it to the user. You could do something as simple as place a
textbox that is locked (user can not change your text), along with a button
for closing the form.

To test the size difference I created a new (empty) workbook on my hard
drive. I then saved it as a new file adding the user form mentioned above.
Not having a disclamier file to load I pasted an entire class into the text
property of a textbox then expanded the textbox so it covered the entire
form surface. The size difference between the two are listed below;

Empty workbook: 14 kb
Workbook with user form: 26 kb

As you can see, the addition of the user form really did not add much in the
way of size to the empty workbook.

Goodluck

"Darren O'Connell" wrote in message
Hi there,

I've put together a small Excel program that calculates
foreign exchange rates. I would like to add a disclaimer
but rather than simply adding a text box to my worksheet
(thereby increasing the size of the worksheet) I would
like to add a hyperlink that when pressed opens a small
pop up screen showing the text of the disclaimer. When the
mouse is cliked outside the pop up box it disappears. Is
this possible and if so how is it done?

Cheers,