Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish[_2_] Debra Dalgleish[_2_] is offline

Default Data Validation

1. In the Data Validation dialog box, select the Error Alert tab.
2. Remove the check mark from 'Show error alert after invalid data
is entered'.
3. On the Input Message tab, you can enter a message to let users
know that they aren't restricted to items on the list.
4. Click OK

Ice Man wrote:
I select a cell in excel then from the Data menu I choose validation
in the Data Validation dialog box I choose Allow: List and in Source I
sepcify a range to take these values from

but I need to let users enter values that are not restricted to these
predefined values

can I do it without using combox control?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List