Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Making menu item changes temporary

Couldn't use the application.beforecrash event (or the equivalent windows
API)???

I get it now.

I think that my suggestion would be to tell the user that if excel/windows
crashed, they should open that workbook and close it. Have your auto_close
(workbook_beforeclose) code restore the toolbars.

If you gave them a workbook that reset these, then they might use it when you
didn't want them to.

Maybe if you gave them a nice toolbar with your functions on them, they'd find
that more useful and you wouldn't have to even reassign the functions.

I don't have any better ideas.

Randy wrote:

Thanks Dave,
I have looked at that option but if the application crashes for any
reason the Reset function never gets a chance to do its work and a
possible mess could occur. That is why I wonder if actual property
changes could be temporary like the custom options I mentioned.
Best Regards,
Randy

Dave Peterson