Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Abdul Salam Abdul Salam is offline

Default Find out from a date if it is a red letter day or not

Hi Max,

Holiday differs from Nation to Nation. If you want to
know if a specific date is a Sunday you can use the
following:

Type a date in A1 and put =WEEKDAY(A1,1) in B1 and apply
a conditional formating in A1
under conditional formating select formula is and in
formula type $B$1=1 and select red as the format

see help for WEEKDAY TO get a more help on Day Number

Abdul Salam