Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pete[_8_] Pete[_8_] is offline

Default Copy selected data to new workbook

Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie to this and I have a problem, which I'm
pretty sure somebody can help me out with?

I'm working in Excel 2000, but the users who will need this will be
using Excel 97.

I have a cumulative report from our AS400 system, which represents
financial transactions that have been input to the system. We can run
the report each day but because it is cumulative we have to manually
identify and split out the new transactions (we can't just use dates
or just cut the end of the report because of the way the report is
created in the AS400). I was hoping that somebody would be able to
show me how to automate this within a macro?

The excel report is seven columns across and can be several thousands
of lines. Each cell in column C is always unique and this is what we
use to identify if a new item has been entered onto the report.

The current process:
Each day the report is downloaded into excel and saved as cashx, the
following day the report is run again and downloaded into excel and
saved as cashy. I would like to be able to extract the new data (in
cashy) that was input into the system by looping through cashx and
cashy and find anything new (column C identifies this) in cashy and
save it to an excel workbook (cashz).

I hope the above is clear!!!