Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Bednarek Michael Bednarek is offline

Default saving excel table as text file

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:35:38 -0700, phillip harrison
wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

[snip]
To be clearer in what i need to do... I have imported a 1 column list of
data from a text file into Excel and, using VBA have done various things
with it one of which is arranging the data into a table like format.
The reason I put "x columns and y rows" in my first question was because
the VBA program I am writing will be run with many text file data lists
and so each one will result in a different table size in excel. Anyway,
the task i now need to do is, via VBA, save the table as a .txt file but
the table format must be kept. By this i dont mean the font but simply
that the value in cell B2 must be in the same position in the text file.

Thanks

Have you tried to save to a PRN file? Like so:
someWorkBook.SaveAs Filename:="fubar.PRN", FileFormat:=xlTextPrinter

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, Tactical Global Management
Waterfront Pl, Brisbane 4000, Australia. "POST NO BILLS"