Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Events for workbook close

Hi Aaron,

What will happen if the "Are you sure?" dialogue is visible when the

OnTime
event fires? Will it fail (and therefore never call the procedure) or sit
in a queue waiting patiently?

The procedure call set by OnTime will be queued up and will fire as soon
as it has the chance.

Is there any way to tell when Excel has finished showing the dialogue,

e.g.
the message loop that handles COM events starts working again?

Not that I'm aware of, although I've never tried to subclass Excel at
this level. At any rate, I don't think it's necessary, because the procedure
set by OnTime will fire as soon as the alert dialog is dismissed, so that
will provide you with notification.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals