Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default Displaying Last Editor's Name

Jenni,

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = Application.Username

will give you the UserName in a cell (modify the loaction to suit).

Problem is where you fire it from.
If done in the Workbook_BeforeSave Event, it'll update whenever
a user actually saves the workbook.
In the Workbook_SheetCalculate Event, it'll update whenever
someone makes a change that would cause the workbook to calculate.
There are a number of other events you could place this code in
depending on what you want it to update on.

John

Jenni Anderson wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that is going to become a shared
everchanging document. I have already turn on the track
changes history, but I would also like to be able to
display the name of the person who last edits the document
on the front page of the document. How can I accomplish
this easily?

Thanks!