Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default window minimize

That may be a good approach, but worked fine for me as written. I have a
button on the userform that the user clicks to close the userform although
this could be done with application.OnTime.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Dan E" wrote in message
I would suggest putting the "Application.Visible = True" under the

userform
"Userform_Terminate" event.
ie.
Private Sub workbook_open()
Application.Visible = False
start_screen.Show
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

Excel wouldn't re_open using the first code, until I opened another
workbook.

Dan E

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Private Sub workbook_open()
Application.Visible = False
start_screen.Show
Applicaton.Visible = True
End Sub

Might do something similar to what you want.

or

Private Sub workbook_open()
ThisWorkbook.Windows(1).Visible = False
start_screen.Show
ThisWorkbook.Windows(1).Visible = True

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe" wrote in message
I would like to minimize the current excel workbook when
the file is opened and only display a user form. The
problem is, when i do this the only way i can see the form
is to click on the minimized file. The code is simple but
the form will not popup on the screen. If this makes
sense does anyone have any suggestions? Here is the code
I am using.

Private Sub workbook_open()
Application.WindowState = xlMinimized
start_screen.Show