Louise

Thank you for your prompt replies.

I'll give this a go.

THanks again.

Louise

"sisco98" wrote:

Hello Louise!

I have just make something similar last week, maybe you can use this:

sub replace ()
What = InputBox("word to search")
repl = InputBox("word to replace")
Sheets().Select

Selection.Replace What:=What, Replacement:=repl, LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

sisco98

"Louise" wrote:

Hi all

Can anybody help?

I have created very basic macros in Excel but have no knowledge whatsoever
of Visual Basic. Is it possible to create a macro that will search for a
particular word(s) in the whole of an Excel workbook and replace it with
another? Would I simply go into Record mode and select Edit, Find & Replace
and enter the text? How would this be applied to the whole workbook rather
than the active sheet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Louise