Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default saving excel table as text file

I'm not sure what retain the original format means, but if the data is the whole
worksheet, couldn't you just save a copy of that file as .prn or .csv?

If the data is less than the whole worksheet, you could copy it to a new
worksheet and save it from there?

or:

You may want to try Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:

It's available at Tushar Mehta's site:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/
Look for Text Write in the left hand frame.

Or maybe write your own:
Chip Pearson has some nice get-started code at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

phillip harrison wrote:

Hi there

I really hope someone can help me with this please. I have, in excel,
x columns and y rows containing numerical data. What I need to do is
first create and then save the table into a text file, but retain the
original layout of the data.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dave Peterson