Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Running a macro from a desktop icon shortcut

Sofia,

Try writing a VB Script file containing the following:

Dim XL
Dim WB
Set XL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set WB = XL.Workbooks.Open("C:\Book1.xls")
XL.Run "TestMacro"
WB.Close
XL.Quit
Set WB = Nothing
Set XL = Nothing

Put this script file on you desktop.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Sofia" wrote in message
Hello.

I have a macro written in my workbook. I want to run it
by clicking on an icon on my desktop without having to
open MS Excel. I know this can be done in MS Access.

Also, I used the Shell function to run an .exe with a '0'
argument so it will be hidden. Do I have to end it or
close it or will it do that by itself when the .exe
finishes running?

-Sofia