Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
john john is offline

Default FileSystemObject to get last 10 lines of text file.

Hi there,

I am interested in finding out how to read the last 10 lines (or so) of a
text file using the FileSystemObject function, rather than looping through a
text file line-by-line until the end is reached then working backwards.

I may be looking at reading the last 10 lines of a large text file almost
every second, and would be interested in the fastest method available.

If anyone can explain how this could be done, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you.