Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Bird Paul Bird is offline

Default COUNTIF FORMULA

Ron - very helpful just the sort of thing I was looking for.

One extra thing is that sometimes the shift will be referred to as UD as
in 'Unrostered Days' similarly with the number of hours worked e.g UD8
,UD10 etc.
Potentially there could be even more characters before the number of
hours e.g SSP (Shift Swap Payback) so I am looking for something that
can deal with all the variations.
I tried playing with the solution you sent but got #value error message.