Posted to microsoft.public.de.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMay JMay is offline

Default Sorting Odds & Evens

With your addresses in Column B - enter into Column C the following (and
copy-down) to get the numeric portion of the address only;
=LEFT(B5,FIND(" ",B5,1)-1) << assumes numerics (any number of characters
first) then a space, then street name..

then in Column D use the:
Mod(C5,2) to get you either 0, or 1

then Sort on Column D;
HTH

"Alan Podymov" wrote in message
Hello All:
I was wondering if there was a way to sort odd & even numbers in Excel.
We have large spreadsheets of local street addresses that we would like
excel to sort all the even addresses & lump them all together & sort all
the odd street addresses & lump them all together. Is there a little
Macro that will do this for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You...Alan