Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
J.E. McGimpsey J.E. McGimpsey is offline

Default DATEDIF

Followup set to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article ,
"Harlan*Grove" wrote:

There's a broad consensus about file attachments and *multiposting*, but
less of one for crossposting (if I'm the only one who doesn't mind it, so be
it).

You're not the only one - I had a go at this a couple of years ago.
Didn't convince anyone that I know of. Cross-posting to appropriate
groups wastes nothing and increases the liklihood of an appropriate
response, so I'm all for it.

The one legitimate, IMO, argument against actively promoting it was
made by David McRitchie regarding the fracturing of threads in the
archives. Google apparently archives messages in the first group
only, so if posts are made from multiple groups the threads will be
broken. This, while true, is an inconvenience worth accepting as
long as cross-posts stay a small percentage of threads. The archives
are a great resource, but the value in ngs is the near real-time
interaction.

And since this has gotten so far off-track for most of the groups'
purposes, I'm setting followup to microsoft.public.excel.misc,
which, purely IMO, ought to have been done several replies ago.