Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default DATEDIF

Harlan,

It was the way you responded that got to me.

Agreed. I could have worded it better.

No direct answer, just a link to a newposter site.
You should have given a link to the DATEDIF page
as well. Just my opinion, FWLIW.

My intent was to get him to the newposter page first
and with a little more effort, get the answer he needed.
IMHO, it doesn't hurt for anyone to who gets help here
to have, at one time or another, read Chip's or Dave's
"Hint's and Tips for New Posters" whether it agrees with
Microsoft's "rules" or not.

As for wasting people's time, crossposting as opposed to multiposting,
doesn't, at least for those using newsreaders that make intelliegent use of
message IDs.

I honestly didn't really understand the difference till now. It is rather neat
the way it's set up in the ng's that if you post a reply to a crosspost it
shows up as read in all the ng's. So I learned something.

So who fractured the thread - the OP or Orlando?

Obviously, Orlando did.

Respectfully,
John