Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_3_] Otto Moehrbach[_3_] is offline

Default Setting up a Month Array

Don
I appreciate your help. I was not aware of this list. Otto
"Don P" wrote in message
Otto,

This does not address your array question, but another way to get a short
month;

Sub test2()
Shortmonth = Application.GetCustomListContents(3) '3 = third list
mymonth = Shortmonth(3) ' 3 = third month
End Sub

Uses a built in list in Excel

Don Pistulka

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2002, Win XP
I have a need to get a Text month from a number month. IOW, if I have a

3,
I want to get "Mar" without the quotes.
I think I need to set up an array something like:
Months(Array("Jan","Feb","Mar" etc))
Then Months(3) would get me "Mar".
Obviously I don't know the code to do this. If someone could help me

with
this, it would be much appreciated.

If there is an easier way to get "Mar" from 3 that would help too.

However,
I would still like to have help with setting up an array like the above
because I need the education. Arrays are new to me as you can tell.
Thanks for the help. Otto