Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default DATEDIF

Don,

Regradless of what I posted in my response to Harlan, I'm
certain that I'll point new posters to either Chip's or Dave's
"new poster" pages when appropriate.
The question, of course, is who determines when it's appropriate?
In Harlan's eye's, either what I did or how I did it on this particular
post, wasn't appropriate. No matter. He's entiltled to his opinions.

I was hoping by my original post that the OP would visit Chip's
page on posting nettiquette and then find the answer that he was
looking for within Chip's site (kind of a "kill two birds with one
stone" approach). Admittedly, it was worded a little sanctimoniously
though and I'll do my best to refrain from that in the future.

Of course, when someone chastises an OP as I did in this post
and someone else gives the OP the answer that they're looking for
without the chastisement, it leaves the chastiser (me) open to
whatever wrath the OP might wish to unleash on me. I'm sure
you know that can sometimes get ugly.

While my response to the OP could have been worded a little better,
my intent was to help him get the answer he was looking for and at
the same time, alert the OP to the nettiquette rules. Having Harlan
chastise me for the way that I treated the OP is something along
the lines of the "pot calling the kettle black", though.

Oh well, I do very much enjoy the time that I spend in these
newsgroups and will sureley continue to do so.
Life goes on.

Take care and thanks for the reply,
John

Don Guillett wrote:

John,
FWIW, I fully agree that we should tell the OP about netiquette HERE.
Sometimes we are a bit more curt than we should be but we SHOULD tell them.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software