Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default column header click

Vasant,

I agree, but double-clicking is a pain isn't it? We want that Click event,
so MS, please take note.

Regards

Bob

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote in message
Hi John:

You are correct, and I'm not a fan of the method. Better to use the
Worksheet_DoubleClick event; it's a lot cleaner.

Regards,

Vasant.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
Hi Rob,

Thanks.

On a related note, on this forum I've noticed that, in general, people

are
substituting the SelectionChange event for the missing Click event ....

.... but the selection can change via other mechanisms than clicking

for example, arrow keys, or tab keys ...

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
"John A Grandy" wrote in message
how to capture a click event on a column header .... ?

Hi John,

You need to trap the SelectionChange event and then check the

Target
range argument to see if it refers to an entire column.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals