Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joanne mckinstry joanne mckinstry is offline

Default Using VBA, subtotal a column only if there is more than one qualifier

I am unable to use the Data/Subtotal function since my spreadsheet is so
large and I have many, many columns. About 50% of the rows have a
single qualifier so I do not want to subtotal them. If I use the
data/Subtotal function, my spreadsheet will look something like this
A B C D
101 25 cf a
101 26 df b
101 30 cf c
Sum 101 81
201 96 df d
Sum 201 96
301 87 if e
301 45 xl f
Sum 301 132
When I hit the buttons to hide the specific subtotals it does not hide
the SUM line it hides the line with all the information and I need to
see the information in the "c" and "d" column. Pivot tables will not
work since I have too much information to put on one. In total the
spreadsheet has about 30 columns and I want to subtotal 2 of the columns
only if they have more than one qualifier. So coniserdering the real
spreadsheet I am working with has about 1000 rows and 30 or so columns,
I think that the best way to go is programming. I hope I got specific
enough and I hope that you are able to help. I know how to Subtotal more
than one column, my only problem is writting the macro that will ignore
lines that have one qualifier.
Thank-you so much for any help