Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
scott[_4_] scott[_4_] is offline

Default mortgage amortization formula

I have a mortgage amortized annually. Right now I have
the term at 15 years. But since I may use a 30 year term
in some cases I have entered 30 rows to accomodate 30
years. So when I use 15 year term, balance becomes zero
at end of 15th year, and then 16th year and beyond the
balance shows as negative number, etc. everything is
inverted. Is there a way to enter this so that if I have
entry fields as follows:
Borrowed amount: 150000
Term in years: 15
Rate: 5%

that if I enter 15 years in the term field, the
amortization schedule will stop at the 15th year?

Thanks