Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J.E. McGimpsey J.E. McGimpsey is offline

Default Expiry Date for further updates into Sheet

If you're concerned about your user *intentionally* deactivating
data validation, it will be even easier for the user to deactivate a
macro - set Security to High, or decline to enable macros. XL's
ability to prevent users from intentionally bypassing validation,
worksheet/workbook protection, etc. is about as effective as using
tissue paper for a firewall.

Perhaps training your user would be more productive...

In article ,
"Trepassor" wrote:

Hi,

I have a wksheet where user key in daily exch rates.
I want to set a expiry date such that after 31/12/03 , this wksheet will not
allow any updates. ('date' is in column A)
I don't want to use data validation becos my user will know how to
deactivate it.

Can someone provide me with such a macro?

Thanks