Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Pettit Robert Pettit is offline

Default combining sumproduct and average

Thanks for your reply. The formulas work fine but dont quite do what Im
looking for, my fault after reading my message its not very clear. I
want to average say A1:A10, B1:B10, C1:C10 etc all individually then
count the difference between yesterday and today. The formula I used
with inderect in, averaged these ok I couldnt sumproduct them without
first entering the formula as an array across say 20 cells, then using
sumproduct in the 21st cell. Basically if I have Dates from 1/1/03 to
todays date in column A, Then results for each day in columns B to any
number of colums say for now 10 cols J, I want to add in column l
against todays date, the number of aveaged data (average of data from
say 20 days ago to today) in row todays date B:J are greater than
yesterdays. With the inderect formula Ive been averageing each column
B:J entering the results for each column then counting how many greater.
My data is share prices, column A has dates and B1 to Z1 has share
names, Then b2:z2 downwards has prices. Hope you can advice
Regards Robert