Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protecting a VBA project

Are you sure you're typing in the correct password--check your capslock key.

Do you edit the code in different versions of excel. Excel 2k and 2002 have a
stronger protection scheme. If you protect the code in xl2k or xl2002, then
xl97 can't open them--it can run them, but you can't view them (or change them).

And if you've shared the workbook, you can't edit the macros, either.

Ekta Singh wrote:

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your input but I've tried that already.It generates an
error when I myself try to open the code the next time.Even I am not
able to view the code after I set the password once.Any suggestions
would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Ekta.

Dave Peterson