Connie Martin

Default Clearing Links

In Excel 2000, I have a file that I don't want to update any more. I went to
Tools/Options/Calculation and removed the check mark in "Update remote
references", clicked OK, and saved the file. Everytime I open it, it still
asks if I want to update links. I click NO! "Update remote references" has
the check mark back again. What gives? How do I make clear the links from
this file? I know I can also do Edit/Copy/Paste special.../Values, but these
links are here and there in the file, with formulas here and there, and I
don't want to get rid of the formulas, so that Edit/Copy/Paste special...
would be a long tedious task. Connie Martin