Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Getting the full path when from a File Open Dialog Box

Hi Ric,

If the user uses the built-in File/Open dialog to open a file, the
current directory is automatically changed to the path the file was opened
from. If you want to see what that directory is, you can get the full path
and file name for any previously saved workbook using:

Workbooks("MyBook.xls").Path

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Ric Payne" wrote in message
Thank you for your response Rob.
What I want is to be able to identify the full path name when a user
opens a file using the File Open Dialog box and browses to a different
folder to the one that is currently being used. That will enable me to
set the new path as the default for the file that is being worked on.
Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
Ric Payne