Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Umesh Umesh is offline

Default Problems executing Excel VBA code in Microsoft Office 2003

Hi,

I have written a VBA function in a Microsoft Excel 2002
Work Sheet. The function is used to filter rows depending
upon the selections made in 2 combo boxes in the work
sheet. I Hide\Unhide the rows, depending upon the
selections made in the combo boxes. I make row by row
iteration to find if the row has to be hidden or
unhidden. The worksheet typically has about 5000 rows.
The function is written in the Change event of the Combo
Boxes.

When I open this Work Sheet on the machine which has
Excel 2002 installed on it, it takes about 30 seconds to
execute this function. However, when I open the same work
sheet in Excel 2003, it does not complete even after 30
minutes and the Task Manager shows that the Work sheet is
not responding.

I have fine tuned the code for this function to a large
extend and it is well reflected when opened on a machine
with Excel 2002. It takes hardly 30 seconds for filtering
5000 rows. Can anybody help me in knowing some
limitations\features of Excel 2003 which are creating
problems for me?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Umesh