Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Duncs Duncs is offline

Default Triangulation chart

On May 11, 9:45*am, Xt wrote:
On May 11, 2:03*am, Duncs wrote:

Hope I can do the explanation justice, and that someone cna help.

I'm looking for a chart that will show three values, as follows:

The chart will take the form of a triangle. *In each of the corners
are the values 'A', 'B' & 'C'. *Each of the sides represent a value
from 0 to 100. *The idea is to take the data below and plot it into
the graph as follows:

A - 70
B - 60
C - 55

A line will go from corner A onto side BC, and stop at the indicator
for 70. *A line will go from corner B onto side CA, and stop at the
indicator for 60. *Finally, a line will go from corner C onto the side
AB and stop at the indicator for 55. *The aim is then to identify
where the three lines merge, if at all.

Is this possible, in Excel 2003, and if so how?

TIA

Duncs

Is ABC equilateral?
By "identify" do you mean by eye or by calculation?
Is this a standard chart used in some analysis and usually drawn by
hand?- Hide quoted text -

The triangle is equilateral, with all sides showing a uniform range of
0 to 100.

Preferably, I'd like the graph to plot the three lines and see
visually where the lines converge. However, to get a number
representing the intersection point of the three lines would be good.

The graph is currently charted by hand, but there are approximately 12
of them at the moment all representing different areas of a project,
and then copied over multiple projects--with different values.

The ability to generate the graph automaticall from the data would be
a great help.

Can it be done?

Duncs