Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Todd[_4_] Todd[_4_] is offline

Default Conditional Formatting based on active Named Range; IF Function to VBA

Hey,
I have more than 3 conditional formatting and I have more than 3 IF
statements in the function - I have 4. The function for four IF
statements in my case is listed below. How would I write this as a
VBA function?

I have numbers in column A, I have to identify, based off 4 active
named ranges, who the numbers belong to. For example, if the number
in A3 is 9004, the function/code would lookup up and find 9004 under
the active named range called SEA_ID and then would put in the B3
column SEA.

Any ideas are welcomed, thank you. Bull

=IF(COUNTIF(SEA_ID,A3),"SEA",IF(COUNTIF(SPO_ID,A3) ,"SPO",IF(COUNTIF(BUT_ID,A3),"BUT",IF(COUNTIF(ANC_ ID,A3,"ANC",""))))